E XPO ‘67, International World Exposition…. many call it “the best”, “magical”, “life changing”. Maybe you were even working there like I was……for a whole year.
However long you visited or worked there, Expo was an experience no one forgets. I would like to hear what you remember.
I worked in the Radio, TV and Film department as a production assistant under Robert Black and Yves Jasmin. I am happy to share my memories. When Expo’67 closed, I listened to and recorded many of those I had met and worked with at Expo, at many of the country pavilions, at Canada’s theme pavilions, at Labyrinth where Canada launched the very first 70 mm film produced by the National Film board of Cana-da, at Habitat, at La Ronde and co-produced a two hour radio documentary for the CBC. I have continued to use photography to record visual timeposts, and to listen to peoples memories recording the oral history of my generation. This continues to be the passion of my life.
April 28, 2017, Expo ‘67 will be remembered with a big par-ty in Montreal to celebrate its 50th Anniversary, along with the 150th anniversary of Canada and the 375th birthday of Montreal.
I am looking for other folks
- who worked at Expo’67
- would like to share memo-ries.
- like parties and can still dance to “Hey Friend, Say Friend”.
Rosemary (450) 248-2524, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FIBRE OPTIQUE EN RÉGION : FAISABLE OU IMPENSABLE ?
- LA FIN D’UNE ÉPOQUE À PHILIPSBURG
- DES ACHETEURS POUR LE MAGASIN GÉNÉRAL ?
- FÊTE NATIONALE RASSEMBLÉE
- LA FÊTE DANS L’RANG
- DÉCOUVERTE DE LA PÊCHE !
- ALGUES BLEU-VERT : L’ÉTENDUE DU PROBLÈME ET L’INACTION POLITIQUE
- Cyanobactéries et algues bleu-vert
- ALGUES BLEU-VERT
- BEDFORD OUVRE DE NOUVELLES PORTES SUR LA CULTURE